LEMOORE CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS - 429 "C" STREET
1. Pledge of Allegiance and Roll Call
If you wish to comment on an item, which is not on the agenda, you may do so under "Public Comment.” In order to allow time for all public comments, each individual’s comments are limited to five minutes. When addressing the Commission, you are requested to come forward to the speaker's microphone, state your name and address, and then proceed with your presentation.
2. Public Comments and Inquiries
3. Approval of January 9, 2011 Meeting Minutes
4. Review and recommend amendments to the General Plan and adoption of the Draft Zoning & Development Ordinance Update which would bring the City's Municipal Code into conformance with the 2030 General Plan as required by State law:a. Staff Report
b. Public Hearing
c. Discuss and consider adopting draft Resolution #2012-03 recommending City Council adopt
General Plan amendment #2012-02 which includes an Addendum to the General Plan EIR for
environmental review #2010-06 and:
· Removes the DMX aerial map of the Downtown
· Modifys the tree preservation policy to not include eucalyptus and cottonwood trees
· Modifys parkways abutting local streets to require 1 tree in every front yard or in the
parksway per single family home at the owner's/developer's option.
· Modifys Table 9.1 listing Consistency between the General Plan Land Use designations
and their compatible Zoning Districts.
· Updates the Future Noise Contour Figure 8-4 to incorporate new 2020 Prospective Air
Installation Compatibility Use Zone (AICUZ) noise contours adopted by Naval Air Station
Lemoore November 2010.
d. Discuss and consider adopting draft Resolution #2012-04 recommending City Council adopt
an Ordinance for Zone Change #2010-01:
· Adopting a comprehensive rezoning of all properties in the City through new Zoning &
Development Code text and a new Zoning Map
· Repealing and readopting Lemoore Municipal Code Chapters 7-3 (Street Naming), 7-10
(City Maintenance Districts), 8-7 (Subdivisions/Land Division), 8-8 (Flood Damage
Prevention), and Title 9 (Zoning)
· Adopting new Chapters 5-6 (Noise) and 7-12 (Encroachments) as part of the Lemoore
· Repealing Chapters 2-2 (Board of Zoning Adjustment), 4-3 (Alcoholic Beverage License;
Public Convenience or Necessity), and 8-9 (Housing Incentives) of the Lemoore
5. Planning Director’s Report – Activity Update
6. Commission's Report and Request for Information
-General Plan Conformity of Bush Street Abandonment West of Marsh Drive by Pharris Lemoore LLC
-Boundary Line Adjustment for Wathen Castanos
-Site Plan Review & Variance for Billingsley to construct a 3,500 square foot shell building to potentially support 2 businesses
-Extension of Site Plan Review #2009-01 for Village at Acacia 81 unit apartment project
All staff reports are available for public review on the City's website
NOTICE OF ADA COMPLIANCE: If you or anyone in your party needs reasonable accommodation to attend, or participate in, any Planning Commission Meeting, please make arrangements by contacting the Human Resources Office at City Hall 24 hours prior to the meeting. They can be reached by calling 924-6700, or by mail at 119 Fox Street, Lemoore, California 93245.
CONDUCT AT PUBLIC MEETINGS: Your courtesy is requested to help our meeting run smoothly. If you'll be kind enough to follow these simple rules, we can make the best possible use of time. Please turn off all cell phones and pagers. Please refrain from public displays or outbursts such as unsolicited applause, comments, cheering, foul language, or obscenities. Any disruptive activities that substantially interfere with the ability of the City to carry out its meeting or prevents/disrupts others from fully participating in the meeting will not be permitted and offenders will be requested to leave the meeting pursuant to Government Code § 54957.9.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Planning Commission regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the City Clerks Counter at City Hall located at 119 Fox Street, Lemoore, CA., during normal business hours. In addition, such documents will be posted on the City's website at www.lemoore.com.
I, Holly P. Smyth, Secretary of the Lemoore Planning Commission, do hereby declare that the foregoing agenda for the regular meeting of the Lemoore Planning Commission on Monday, January 23, 2012 was posted on the outside of the bulletin board located at 119 Fox Street on January 19, 2012.